Terms and Conditions
The term “you“, “your“, and “User” or similar terms means the person accessing or using the Website. The terms “us“, “we” and “our” refer to the Academy of Law.
- E-Commerce Internet Payment Services means an electronic payment system which enables the User to conduct account and/or credit card transactions to the account of the Academy of Law via the Internet.
- Individual means a natural or legal person who is utilizing any of the Academy of Law Services or Website.
- Merchant Bank means the Academy of Law’s bank accepting payments via the Website.
- Payment means a fund transfer from the User’s bank account and/or Credit Card to the Academy of Law Accounts.
- User means any user of the Academy of Law Website, including the E-Commerce Internet Payment Services on the Website.
- Website or “Site” means the Academy of Law’s website, www.draacademy.ae.
- Words importing only the singular shall include the plural and vice versa, and words importing any gender shall include all genders.
2. User Obligations
- 2.1 Acceptable Use. This Website is designed to provide Users with a range of information concerning (i) the services we offer; (ii) our team; (iii) the mandate of the Academy of Law; (iv) the Code of Conduct and ongoing developments; (v) other materials concerning our services; and (vi) a gateway to make payment for the Academy of Law’s services. This Website may be used only for its lawful and intended purposes.
- 2.2 Eligibility. Our Website is not intended for the use of minors, and the Academy of Law will not allow Users we know to be under 21 years of age to perform transactions on the Site.
- 2.3 Transmission of Information. The User is responsible for their own communications, including the transmission and uploading of information and is responsible for the consequences of such communications to the Site. The User is solely responsible for the accuracy and correctness of all information and details transmitted via the Website. The User shall be solely responsible for providing beneficiary details for any Transaction. The Academy of Law will not be liable for non-payment as a result of error of details the User submitted, any failure or delay in payment. Errors in inputted information may result in delays in service.
3. Payment Methods, Delivery, Cancellation and Refund Policy
- 3.1 Methods of Payment. We accept payment for our services by credit or debit cards, both online via our E-Commerce Online Payment Service, and in person at our offices. All credit and debit card details and personally identifiable information will not be stored, sold, shared, rented, or leased to any third parties. All fees are paid in US Dollars (USD) or UAE Dirhams (AED), unless payment is made by a foreign card and the card holder has elected to pay in another currency. We accept credit cards issued in all countries, except countries sanctioned by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). We also accept bank wire transfer with associated confirmation number, cash, or cheque made payable to DIFC – DRA Academy.
We currently accept the following credit cards:
- 3.2 Fees and Charges. If the User uses a credit or debit card to make a payment via the Academy of Law Website and/or in person at our offices, the User accepts that they may be subject to fees which may be imposed by their own card issuing bank. Users will not be subject to any additional fees or charges imposed by the Academy of Law’s Merchant Bank for the transaction.
- 3.3 Fees for Payment in Foreign Currency. Currency rates are set on a daily basis by our Merchant Bank based on its daily approved rates. The accuracy of such rates cannot be verified. The Academy of Law assumes no liability or responsibility for currency rates and currency exchange charges in the event your bank or the Merchant Bank impose such charges on the Cardholder during the course of the transaction.
- 3.4 Delivery. If a User makes payment for an event, lecture, or training course, the Academy of Law will deliver the requested services at the time of the event, lecture, or training course. Users making payment for registration under Part I or II of the Academy of Law Register shall have their registration delivered upon approval of the registration application by the Academy of Law. The Academy of Law reserves the right to postpone or deny an application or service it provides.
- 3.5 Cancellations and Advance payments made for registrations for events, lectures, or training courses will not be refunded if a User wishes to cancel their registration however a credit note of the same amount may be used for any other course as approved by the Academy of Law and shall send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , or by phoning the Academy of Law at the coordinates in Section 10. Users will only be entitled to a credit note if the cancellation is made at least seven (7) business days hours prior to the scheduled event, lecture, or training course. Users may alternatively send a substitute registrant to the event, and may make arrangements to register a substitute registrant by contacting email@example.com at least 24 hours before the scheduled event, lecture, or training course. Practitioners registered under Part I or Part II of the Academy of Law Register of Practitioners may cancel their registration at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org , however no refunds are applicable for any registration or certificate fees paid. All Registered Practitioners who are eligible for the 8-hour complimentary hour of training from the Academy of Law, their hours are automatically deducted upon registering for the scheduled event, lecture, or training course as their seat was booked upon confirmation of their registration. Their hours will not be credited back in case of cancellations and no-shows.
- 3.6 Refunds. The Academy of Law will not issue refunds for services after they have been provided. Any form of refund will be reviewed and for approval of the Academy of Law. If deemed necessary, any refunded amounts shall be returned through the original method of payment. Users should expect a processing time of 14 business days for a refund to be credited. Users with foreign credit cards may experience longer delays for refund crediting.
- 3.7 Dispute Management Policy. If a User wishes to dispute a charge or make a complaint about a service provided to them by the Academy of Law, they may send an e-mail to email@example.com , or telephone the Academy of Law at the coordinates in Section 10.
- 3.8 OFAC Disclaimer. The Academy of Law (www.draacademy.ae) will NOT deal or provide any services or products to any of OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) sanctions countries, in accordance with the law of the UAE.
4. Online Payments
The following terms pertain to any purchases made by Users making online payments for purchases using the E-Commerce (E-Gateway) Online Payment Services on the Academy of Law Website.
- 4.1 Eligibility. Any User who has an accepted Account or Credit Card and is eligible to access and utilize the services of the Academy of Law, and subject to its discretion, is eligible to apply for E-Commerce Internet Payment Services. The User accepts that the Academy of Law has the right to refuse any registration applications and payment, and may at any time at its own discretion disable the access to the E-Commerce Internet Payment Services.
- 4.3 SSL Security Information. To ensure secure online payment and all other transactions of personal data, the Website uses a technology called SSL (Secure Socket Layer). SSL encrypts all communications between your computer and our server so that the information can only be read and understood by us. Usually a closed lock on your browser window shows a secure connection. For further information, please consult your browser’s security specifications. If your browser is equipped with SSL your transaction will automatically be secured. The common Internet standard to signal a secure site is a closed lock at the bottom of the browser. As long as the lock is displayed closed your information is secure and encrypted to avoid abuse. If you click the secure transaction link and still cannot see the closed lock, the reason may be that the window is in nested in another frame. To check that you have a secure connection (in Internet Explorer), click the right mouse button and properties, then certificates. You will see if the connection is secure or not. Another way (in Netscape Navigator) is to click the right mouse button and ‘view frame info’ at the bottom of the text you will see security information.
- 4.4 Assumption of Risk. The User should bear in mind that the submission of information over the Internet is never entirely secure, and that neither the Academy of Law, nor its Merchant Bank can guarantee the security of the information submitted via E-Commerce Online Payment Services whilst it is in transit over the Internet and any such submission is at the risk of the User.
5. Warranty and Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, THE ACADEMY OF LAW (AND THOSE THAT THE ACADEMY OF LAW WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) (A) DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONCERNING THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE EXCEPT FOR THE PUBLISHED CODE OF CONDUCT; (B) DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE WEBSITE SERVICES, INCLUDING ACCESS TO THE E-COMMERCE ONLINE PAYMENT SERVICES WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERRORS, AND (C) PROVIDES THE SERVICE (INCLUDING CONTENT AND INFORMATION) ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
THE ACADEMY OF LAW DOES NOT OFFER ANY WARRANTY OR REMEDIES FOR THE INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF ACCESS TO ITS SERVICES OR THIS WEBSITE.
USERS ACCESSING THIS INFORMATION ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE USE OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE AND UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE ACADEMY OF LAW IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CLAIM, LOSS, OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE INFORMATION.
FURTHER TO THIS, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE ACADEMY OF LAW BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER ASPECTS OF THIS AGREEMENT. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE ACADEMY OF LAW BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS, OR INJURY RESULTING FROM HACKING, TAMPERING, OR OTHER UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR USE OF THE SERVICES OR YOUR ACCOUNT OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
The User agrees to indemnify and compensate the Academy of Law for any damages, loss, expense, or liability it incurred as a result of his breach of the Terms and Conditions.
- 7.2 Severability. Each provision of this Agreement is severable. If any provision of this Agreement is or being illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, the illegality, invalidity, or unenforceability of that provision will not affect the legality, validity, or enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Agreement.
- 7.3 Nature of Relationship. The User agrees that no joint venture, partnership, employment, agency agreement exists between you and the Academy of Law as a result of this Agreement or use of the Site.
- 7.5 Entire Agreement. These Terms constitute an entire agreement between the User and the Academy of Law, and supersede any prior agreements between the User and the Academy of Law.
8. Copyright and Disclaimer
The materials published on this website are unless otherwise stated the copyright works of Academy of Law or another DIFC Dispute Resolution Authority entity. Users may make copies of materials published on this Website for their personal and not-for-profit use. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the content of the published material and the copyright notices must remain intact, any communication of the content must not be misleading or inaccurate, and a copy of this Copyright and Disclaimer must accompany any copies of the materials which may be circulated. Users may not create a link to any part of this Website nor republish any content or material available on the Website on any other site or alert-service without prior written consent. Consent may be requested by contacting the Academy of Law offices at the coordinates found in Section 10.
The information presented on our Site is provided as a courtesy by the Academy of Law and intended for the purposes of providing general information only, and do not constitute a substitute for legal or other professional advice. Neither the Academy of Law nor any other DIFC Dispute Resolution Authority (DRA) entity accepts any responsibility for any loss which may arise from reliance on information published on this site. Users that have, or suspect to have a legal problem should consult a lawyer/legal practitioner for legal advice.
9. Notification of Changes
10. Site Administration and Contact
The Academy of Law is committed to providing its users with services of the highest quality. If you have comments or questions about the administration of our Website, or any of our services, please contact us at the following coordinates.
Academy of Law
Dubai International Financial Centre
Level 3, Precinct Building 5 (South)
The Gate District
P.O Box: 507048, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Phone No. +971(0)44273390
11. Effective Date and Legal Notice
The original effective date of this Agreement is October 27th, 2015.
Copyright 2015. Academy of Law.